I have posted my quick guide on how to taste whisky and a range of tasting notes. If you are interested in holding a tasting, feel free to drop me a note. Over the last four years, I have held two or three tastings per year at St Cross College, plus tastings for Exeter, St John’s, and Said Business School students. I can plan a wide-range of tasting types, from basic introductory/general tastings to single distilleries flights, and can meet a range of budgets.
Recent Whisky Tasting Menus
- Introductory Whisky Tasting, 20 Nov 2008, St Cross College
- Winter Warmer Whiskies, 5 Dec 2008, St Cross College
- General Whisky Tasting, 20 Feb 2009, St John’s College
My Favorite Whiskies
- Bruichladdich 3D 2nd Edition “Moine Mhor”
- Bernheim Original Kentucky Straight Wheat Whisky
- Balvenie 10y Founder’s Reserve
- Nikka Single Cask Coffey Grain 1992
More menus and tasting notes will be published as they are completed.
My personal favorite online destination for whisky is The Whisky Exchange. They have one of the best selections of specialty whiskies that I have found, they deliver quickly throughout the UK, and are very knowledgeable about their products!